ALMASS Inc is a start-up millennial firm headquartered in Southern California with over 4 decades of successful construction and construction management experience and a track record of US and International achievements. We specialize in both public and private works projects, and have attracted capital investment to our long list of niche opportunities. Our leadership team has earned recognition as top project directors and key facilitators of mega-projects, while successfully delivering numerous signature projects, many with LEED certification.
As a leader in decision making and operation improvement, we perform a wide range of responsibilities that include contracts, change orders, negotiation, project budget control, claims, scheduling and project controls, and all aspects of project management that ensure a client’s satisfaction within the budget and schedule.
Our top talent has been recognized by peers statewide as an industry leader. In 2007, California Construction Magazine awarded The Broad Stage & Edye performing arts complex with “Project of the Year” in higher education, taking top honors in the “BEST OF 2007” segment.
ALMASS, Inc. will continue to be adept in project management to the best international standards like ISO and LEED and using best practices of PMI.
Sam comes to you as the Founder/President ALMASS with 40 years of experience, creating success in the construction industry. Specialized in public and private works projects, earning recognition as top project director and key facilitator, Sam has successfully completed signature projects, many with LEED certification. As a key decision maker and leader to operation improvement, performs a wide range of responsibilities including contracts, change orders, negotiation, project budget control, claims, scheduling and project controls.
Sam’s credibility and professionalism is recognized by peers statewide as an industry leader in 2007 California Construction Magazine Award by The Broad Stage & Edye with top honors in “BEST OF 2007 – PROJECT OF THE YEAR” in Higher Education. Prior to founding ALMASS, Sam has occupied many important leadership roles for US companies in US and International markets.
April 2014-September 2015: Director of International Operations at KPRS Construction Services, Inc., where he worked at both US and KPRS Global, LLC. International Division. Sam has Worked at both US and International Division of FTR International, Inc. (FTR Intl. NV). Sam was also the Director of Construction Operations in the US division where he lead teams and managed projects of over $1.0 from project set-up to completion, including scheduling, budgeting, peer-review, value engineering and the overall owner representation. A key decisions maker and let the mission to perform design and field investigation studies and propose recommendations that insure the project meets the highest possible standards of design and engineering and achieves quality assurance and quality control standards expected by the owner.
Director for $2.5 billion King Saud University Girls Campus, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Apr 2012- Dec 2013
Port of Los Angeles Police Headquarters — Port of Los Angeles, California
The Broad Stage and Edye Second Space — Santa Monica Community College District
Norwalk Transportation Center – City of Norwalk, California
Health, PE, and Fitness Center — Los Angeles Community College District
Ventura Learning Resource Center — Ventura Community College District
Additional Project Experience Includes:
* University of California Los Angeles, Powell Library renovation, Project Manager
* University of California Riverside, Psychology Building, Director of operation
* California State University Los Angeles Music Building Renovation, Project Manager
* California State University Los Angeles Health Center, Project Manager
* California State University, Dominguez Hills Math & Science Building, Director of operation
* University of California San Diego York Hall Lab, Director of Operation
* San Fernando Court House Building seismic retrofit and Renovation, Project Manager
* Hyperion Water Treatment Plant, Los Angeles Department of Public Work, Project manager
* Los Angeles County El Sereno Swimming Pool & Recreation Center, Director of operation
* City of Montebello, Montebello Senior and Youth Center, Director of Operation
* City of Covina, Covina City Hall Renovation, Project Manager
* Los Angeles Unified School District Selma Elementary School, Project Manager
* Los Angeles Unified School District, Walter Reed Jr. High School, Project Manager
* Los Angeles Unified School District, Manual Art High School, Project Manager
* Los Angeles Unified School District, Roosevelt High School Seismic Retrofit and Renovation
* Los Angeles Unified School District, Lockwood Elementary School, Project Manager
* Los Alamitos High School, Director of Operation
* Batavia Maintenance Station – Caltrans, Director of Operation
* Signal Hill Police Station and Emergency Operations Center, Director of Operation
* Port of Long Beach Pier G Administration and Operations Buildings, Director of Operation
* Transportation Management Center (TMC) – Caltrans, Project Manager
* University of California Irvine Transportation and Management Station, Project Manager
* Los Angeles Mission College Student Services Center, Director of Operation
* Los Angeles Union Station – Platform 7, Director of Operation